Tuesday, December 16, 2014

A Christmas Embrace - Margarita Felices



 http://www.amazon.com/Margarita-Felices/e/B007BHDIVS/ 


A Christmas Embrace

In this trio of Christmas stories, author Margarita Felices shares the tales of three women who each celebrate Christmas in their own ways.

A Model Christmas. Did Ashley make a terrible mistake leaving the man she loved to pursue her career? She’s home for Christmas and about to find out.

A Christmas Dance. Christmas is the time to be with your loved ones, but not for Jane this year. Christmas will never be the same when you’re left alone. But this year a promise will come true. 

The Christmas Gift. Maya didn’t do Christmas, but this year she’s met Nick and it feels like he’s the perfect gift. But Nick holds a very dark secret and after he leaves Maya with a special gift, she’s anxious to repay him for it. 

Excerpt from A Christmas Embrace 
            A Model Christmas
Ashley paused. Had Luke replaced her already? What a fool she was. As she turned to leave, the door
opened and a woman stared out at Ashley. “Can I help you?” she asked.
Ashley cursed under her breath and turned with a smile, “No that’s all right…” she began, “I’m just going
to—”
“Wait,” the woman said. “Are you Ashley?” The woman knew about her?
“Luke talks about you all the time. Come on in and let me get him.”
“No!” Ashley insisted. “I’m sorry I’ve spoiled your evening. I need to go.” But the woman had already
gone back inside.



My Christmas Chat with Margarita...
  
What is your favorite thing about Christmas?
Mmmm let me see.   I suppose saying all the time off I get from work isn’t what you’d like to hear?     
The food, the drink, being able to sit at home and just vegetate!  
But there’s always a different vibe at Christmas, people are friendlier and willing to help you.  They are more giving and generous and it seems that if you make a mistake or bump into someone or generally do something that any other time of the year would annoy and make them yell at you, they seem to just shrug it off and smile or laugh it off at Christmas.   So my favourite thing about Christmas is seeing everyone happy and getting along.   


  Do you have a special memory of the holidays you hold close to your heart?
My Christmas is made up of going home to my Mum and my sister.  Since my Dad died several years ago, it’s just been the three of us.  My favourite part of the holidays as a child was always finding my Mums hiding places for our gifts… she could never find a place in our home where I couldn’t find them.   Decorating my house when young is always a great memory – we didn’t have much but Mum always did us proud.  We had an old tree that came out year after year – problem was it didn’t have a stand so finding a substitute that wouldn’t make the tree topple over on us was always an adventure !  Any good memories of Christmas will always involve my Mum and sister at Christmas.  (Actually the tree didn’t look as bad as this one in the picture, I wish I had a picture of it, it makes me smile to remember it and the box we kept it in.  We left it in a little room under the stairs and we always hated going in there in case of spiders!).


   What inspired you to write your Christmas Story?
I’ve never done it before!   I wanted to see if I could write something seasonal or write something where I wasn’t the one who made up the topic.   I was stumped at first, I mean who can really write about Christmas in the middle of June?   I started my first story and realised it was a bit short, so I left it and started a second.  But in my true nature, I had to make up a Christmas vampire story!   So there I am with three stories and wondering which one I should invest more time in when I thought, why not finish all three and see if a trilogy will work.  Seems the answer was yes, it would. 


   For fun…If you could kiss anyone under the mistletoe…Who would it be?
Oh if only it wasn’t for fun, I have quite a list... really a HUGE list!   But I suppose first on my list and one who I would definitely have a lot of mistletoe handy for, is Shannon Leto.  He’s the drummer in a band called Thirty Seconds to Mars. And he’s a really nice person too, I spoke to him on Twitter last year and he was so friendly.  If I had a choice – it would be him.  
 
                                                                                                                                                  
 Margarita Felices
I live in Cardiff with my partner and three little mad dogs and I work for a well-known TV broadcasting company. I love living in Cardiff because, for all its modernisation, there are still remnants of an old Victorian city. I love writing and base my stories in Cardiff because it has such character.  When I can, I go out to the coast and take photographs, mind you, we have a lovely castle in the city centre and a fairytale one just on the outskirts, so when I feel I can’t write anything, I take a ramble to those locations and it clears my head.  I suppose it was inevitable that some day I would write a novel. My teachers at school used to limit me to no more than ten pages.  When I left school, I wrote short stories for magazines and it paid my way through college.  I am Gothic, I love the fashion, the architecture and the music. I began to write a vampire trilogy and started it off in modern day.  The club in my novel Judgement of Souls 3, is real. When I was writing it I got all my club material and clientele from there and I wouldn’t have finished that section without it.  Judgement of Souls 2 took a lot of researching through the history books but I had fun, it goes back in time.  Judgement of Souls 1 is a WiP and goes back to the time of the Crusades, I hope to have that finished next year.   I have one more story to send off to my publisher this year and then another two by the middle of next year.   But my most exciting news is that at the start of this year I was approached by two US Producers who have optioned the Judgement of Souls trilogy…  all that’s needed is the usual funding but I’m hoping to have some news very soon.   2015 is going to be a very exciting year!

LINKS TO AUTHOR PAGES/FB/TWITTER/BLOG/AMAZON

Follow me on Twitter: @felicm60

No comments:

Post a Comment